- + Why Eastwood? (Click Here)
Tools for Doing the Job Right
• Part of the DIY community since 1978, attending car shows, listening to customers, and seeing first-hand how our products are used to produce a vehicle our customers are proud of
• Offering “solutions” which combines our 4,000+ unique products with the know-how to “Do The Job Right”
• In-house product design, development and testing with a strong track record of high-quality, innovative products
• Used and trusted by top builders to beginners
• Order anytime online, by phone, catalog or in our retail stores
• Expert DIY advice and instruction via phone (800-343-9353), or byemail
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
• 1-year guarantee on Eastwood-branded products; all other items are backed by a 60-day unconditional money-back guarantee
The Early Days...
Like a lot of high school kids, Curt Strohacker worked in a service station to earn some spending money, but he also repaired cars in his free time, buying and selling countless vehicles, and learning valuable lessons about restoration. As the market for automotive refurbishing began to take off in the 1970s, Curt realized that proper tools and techniques could save enthusiasts like him time and money.
So in the fall of 1978, Curt launched a business to better serve the burgeoning market of auto restoration and customization hobbyists, and he called it Eastwood.
The first Eastwood catalog was eight black-and-white pages of metal-finishing tools and equipment, and with continued success in the early ’80s, Curt took the catalog’s operation into a professional list house, and 5,000 copies of the catalog were distributed annually. In addition to catalog marketing, Eastwood also sold its line of products directly to restorers at select car shows.
In August 1983, both the Mercedes and BMW car clubs unexpectedly endorsed an Eastwood Car Wash Brush—sales multiplied and the staff soon doubled. The development of the Eastwood Spot-Weld Gun, a tool which duplicates the industrial spot-welds found on virtually every metal-bodied car, proved even more fortunate for the growing retailer.
At that time, most of Eastwood’s new business came from magazine ads in about a dozen publications. By the end of 1985, company advertisements appeared in over 50 magazines, including Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Popular Mechanics. In light of this, the catalog prospered as well, comprising 96 pages with a four-color cover in its 1986 iteration, which reached over 100,000 auto restorers bimonthly. As the company prepared to move into the new decade, Eastwood’s customer file quickly grew to over a half-million auto restoration and customization enthusiasts.
A Leader in Innovation – Better than Paint
Eastwood’s own HotCoat® Powder Coating System revolutionized home workshops starting in 1997. By bringing an economical and easy-to-use powder-coating system into the garage, Eastwood had given hobbyists a superior alternative to paint; powder-coating produced a more durable and attractive finish which easily lent itself to custom work. In September 1998, Eastwood received the Pennsylvania Governor’s Award for “Environmental Excellence”, recognizing the low environmental impact of the HotCoat® system. In 1999, the Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) awarded HotCoat® the “Best New Product” for that year.
In 2003, Eastwood introduced its English Wheel and Planishing Hammer, enabling a wider audience to access high-end metal-shaping tools. Since Eastwood’s Research & Development Department emphasized economical manufacturing processes, it allowed them to offer both of these tools to its customers for under $1,000, an achievement which the ARMO acknowledged with a 2004 “People’s Choice” award.
Expansion and Growth
Recognizing the efficiency and potential of the Internet for improved customer interaction, Eastwood launched separate websites for its tool catalog and its HotCoat® powder-coating products. Those early sites contained information about new products and promotions, in addition to providing potential new customers with the opportunity to request an Eastwood catalog. Also, Eastwood stocked the site with technical articles relating to its most popular products, as well as “How To” tips.
Beginning in January 1999, the sites also allowed customers to order all the products, integrating purchasing systems from a secure site. In order to further increase efficiency and simplicity, the HotCoat® site and tool site were both combined into the revamped, full-service, ecommerce website, Eastwood.com, you’re visiting right now.
Though online retail has become increasingly prominent, Eastwood continues to publish a monthly, full-size catalog containing quality tools and supplies vital for all facets of restoration and custom work.
In November 1999, the company broke ground to build a cutting-edge headquarters, warehouse, and retail store facility northeast of Philadelphia, in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. Following an aggressive, eight-month construction project, Eastwood completely relocated to Pottstown in July 2000.
Eastwood Looks to the Future of Restoration and Customization
Since its inception, Eastwood recognizes that change constantly takes place in the marketplace, and so strives to stay abreast of these developments by placing customer satisfaction at the forefront. In recent years, the market for automotive hobbyists has expanded beyond the “classics”, and Eastwood has seen increased requests for products geared towards muscle cars, street rods, trucks and motorcycles. The explosion of the sport tuner hobby has demanded products which emphasize ease-of-use and variety, as customizers strive to make their vehicles truly unique. In response, the company has continued to be an industry pioneer, adding innovative, high-quality products to its line. For example, the HotCoat® system now allows for the powder-coating of larger parts, and in a huge array of colors and finishes. Eastwood continues to prove its dedication to offering unique solutions to the challenges facing restoration and customization enthusiasts, and this devotion will ensure its place in the community.
- + Returning Products (Click Here)
EASTWOOD COMPANY RETURN POLICY
At Eastwood we care about your DIY automotive projects and want you to be 100% satisfied with our products. That's how we've done business since 1978.
• Eastwood Welders and Plasma Cutters include a 3-year warranty.
• Eastwood Air Compressors, Welding Helmets and select HVLP Paint Equipment include a 2-year warranty
• Eastwood Tools and Fairmount Tools include a 1-year warranty
• Eastwood Paints and Chemicals include 90-day warranty
• Warranty refunds and exchanges require proof of purchase, either directly from Eastwood or an authorized reseller of Eastwood merchandise.
• Other name-brand merchandise sold by Eastwood is subject to the warranty provided by the manufacturer.
Before returning any item, please contact our Customer Solutions or Tech Advisors at (800) 343-9353 who can help you diagnose performance issues.
Unless otherwise noted, all products carry a 90-day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If, within 90 days of receipt, you are dissatisfied with a purchase from Eastwood, you may return or exchange for any reason.
HOW TO RETURN MERCHANDISE
• Contact Customer Solutions at 800.343.9353 or email@example.com to arrange your return. All returns must have a RMA number.
• Returns with receipt may also be handled in any Eastwood Automotive Tools Store.
• Hazardous materials being returned may be subject to a hazardous transportation fee.
• Refunds are for the value of the product only.
Limitations and Exclusions
To help protect our customers and make sure every return or exchange is dealt with fairly this policy is subject to a few important conditions:
• Equipment that, in our opinion, has been abused or misused will not be eligible for refund or replacement, even within the warranty period.
• All returns for exchange or refund must be complete, with all parts and accessories.
• Proof of purchase is required
• Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable
• Valid for all items purchased from Eastwood and authorized distributors of Eastwood tools and supplies. All purchases from an unapproved third party are subject to the policies of the third party.
• Single items that ship via truck freight (not normal ground delivery services such as Fedex, UPS or USPS) must be inspected before accepting delivery and are generally neither refundable nor returnable. Repair parts will be provided during warranty period. Buyer bears the cost of return shipping and may incur as much as a 25% restocking fee.
• If purchased at Eastwood Automotive Tools Stores, the unit may be returned to the store within the warranty period of the manufacturer only.
Once your order is placed, our systems are designed to ship your products as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is not possible to stop an order from shipping or make changes to it once it has entered our system.
ITEMS DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING
Your order has carefully been packed and thoroughly inspected and we hope that you are pleased with the item(s) you have selected. Despite our care in handling, however, packages do occasionally get damaged while in transit. Please check the packing list immediately against item(s) marked as shipped on front of the packing list. Report any discrepancy or damage to freight carrier/agent that delivered the product to you, and sign only for the material actually delivered. If, upon further inspection, you notice concealed damage or loss, save all boxes and packaging material and notify the delivering carrier/agent.
BACK ORDERED ITEMS
Although every attempt is made to fulfill all the items in your order in a timely fashion, Eastwood occasionally runs out of stock on some items. If this occurs, you will not be charged for item(s) listed as Back Ordered until they are shipped. (Orders paid by check, of course, are fully pre-paid, including back ordered items).
- + Shipping Rates & Distributors (Click Here)
Domestic Shipping Rates
To provide our customers with the best shipping rates, shipping quotes are calculated by weight and location using current FedEx rates.
Please note - Overnight shipping does not include weekend delivery. 2 & 3 Day Shipping does not include ship date in time frame.
Orders containing hazardous items (item numbers ending in "Z" or "ZP") may only be shipped via Economy or Ground in the Lower 48 United States and via Purolator to Canada. Hazardous items may not be shipped via USPS, Overnight or 2nd day shipping, or anywhere outside the Lower 48 United States and Canada.
A Physical Street Address is required for all non USPS orders. United States Postal Service is the only service available for P.O. Box delivery.
Orders shipping to a Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois or Nevada address will be charged a sales tax included on the total AFTER Shipping Charges.
Free Shipping offers - Exclude heavy weight/special shipping and expedited services. Cannot be combined with any other email, internet or catalog offer or promotion. Valid in the Lower 48 United States only.
Eastwood welcomes orders from our Canadian customers.
Shipping is calculated based on weight and location using current FedEx rates.
Certain oversized items (e.g. abrasive blast cabinets), and very heavy items are subject to additional charges. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-343-9353 for a shipping quote.
Please Contact Our Authorized Canadian Distributors In The Following Provinces:
Robert J Nish Tools
43 Laval Rd.
W. Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 4E7
Kolors Auto Body Supplies
551 Selch Street
Beausejour, Manitoba R0E 0C0
177 Isabel Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1G8 Phone: 204-943-4531
5860 Ruston Rd.
Maidstone, Ontario N0R 1K0
815 Circle Drive East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3S4
In addition, you may order selected Eastwood items from our Authorized European Distributors:
Please Contact Our Authorized Distributors as follows:
UK CUSTOMERS (IN ENGLAND):
Embomvaegen 189 C
LILJENDAL 07880 FINLAND
QSA Internacional S.A. de C.V. Solola 516 Colonia Valle del Tepeyac
Mexico, D.F.,1505 Bulgaria
P.O. Box 97-3100
Costa Rica, Costa Rica
Fax:060 - 320 85
SRI LANKA and INDIA:
Middle Eastern Customers: Please Contact Our Authorized Middle Eastern Distributor:
SAUDI ARABIA/MIDDLE EAST:
Tijaria Group, Inc.
PO Box 50755
Irvine, CA 92619
Orders shipping to an APO or FPO address should be either faxed (610.323.6269) or called in (1.800.343.9353).
- + Frequently Asked Questions (Click Here)
(Q) Can I cancel an order once it has been placed?
(A) You cannot use our website to cancel a submitted order, but you may call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-343-9353 between 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Have your Order Number ready to expedite your request. You can also e-mail your request to Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org; include your Order Number and daytime telephone number.
NOTICE: Residents of and orders shipping to Colorado, Kentucky, Oklahoma, South Dakota, & Vermont:
• Eastwood is not required to and does not collect sales or use tax in your State/Commonwealth.
• Your purchase may be subject to State/Commonwealth use tax unless the purchase is exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the internet, by catalog, or by other remote means.
• Your State/Commonwealth requires purchasers to report all purchases of tangible personal property or digital property that are not taxed by the retailer and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under your State/Commonwealth tax law. The tax may be reported and paid on your State/Commonwealth Individual Income Tax Return or by filing a Consumer Use Tax Return with your State/Commonwealth Department of Revenue.
• The referenced forms and corresponding instructions can be found on your State/Commonwealth Department of Revenue's website.
(Q) How do I check the status of my web order?
(A) Click the green "My Account" button near the upper right hand corner of the page. Then, on the next page, simply enter your email address and password and click on the green "login" button.
(Q) What if I forget my password?
(A) Please enter your email address on the "My Account" page and click on the blue "Forgot your Password?" link.
• Visa (credit or debit)
• MasterCard (credit or debit)
• American Express (U.S. or international)
• U.S. Federal Government Smart Card
• Sorry, we do not accept C.O.D. orders.
Exchanges & Returns
(Q) How can I return an item?
(A) Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-343-9353 .
(Q) How do I exchange one product for another?
(A) Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-343-9353 and they will process the exchange.
(Q) What if I receive a damaged package?
(A) Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-343-9353 as soon as possible after receipt of the damaged package. Hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
My Account Information
(Q) How do I use the "Wish List" feature?
(A) Use a Wish List to create and maintain a list of the items you'd like to receive, and then email it to your friends and family. On each product page, you have the option to "Add to Wishlist" (see link near red "Buy Now" button). Clicking on that link automatically adds that item to your Wish List (you'll be asked to login if you're not already logged in). To view your Wish List, click the green "My Account" button near the upper right hand corner of the page. Log-in (if you haven't yet) and then click on "My Wish List" in the "Account Dashboard" on the left side of the page.
(Q) What if I forget my password?
(A) Please enter your email address on the "My Account" page and click on the blue "Forgot your Password?" link.
(Q) What if I forgot the email address I used?
(A) If you've forgotten which email address you registered with, or if you receive an error message that says, "Your email address was not found in our database," please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include any error message you are seeing, as well as your email address and Order Number, if applicable. Please note: If you've registered to receive our weekly emails, but are getting the "Your email address is not in our database" error, you will need to register as a "New Customer" to place an order.